The Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner cleans, conditions, and protects finished leather products such as leather upholstery, bags, shoes, and more. It comes in a spray bottle that can easily remove dust and dirt, instantly rejuvenate leather, and shield it against sun damage that could lead to cracking, fading, and drying.
Weiman Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
- Contains 12 fluid ounces
- Spray applicator
- Cleans & conditions leather
In this review, we will be covering the features of the Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, the ingredients it contains, which leather products it works best with, directions for use, and some frequently asked questions regarding it. Let’s jump right in!
Before we start looking at the benefits and what types of leather products it works best on, let’s see what ingredients it contains. We’ll explain the main ingredients below. For more detailed information, you can also take a look at the official Safty Data Sheet.
- Diluent – Weiman typically uses water as a diluent in this product to decrease its viscosity and allow for easy application.
- Thickener – Hydrotreated light alkanes are used as thickeners to keep the solution at the optimum viscosity when applying this product to your leather articles.
- Fragrance – d-Limonene, Linalool, and Citral are ingredients that give the spray a fresh and delightful citrusy smell.
- Polishing Agents – Mineral oil, Avocado oil, Sesame oil, and Safflower oil are polishing agents, which provide the leather with a glossy shine.
- Preservative – DMDM Hydantoin is a preservative ingredient that ensures that the product can be used for an extended amount of time. DMDM Hydantoin also has antimicrobial properties.
The Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner has a lemony fragrance and a creamy white appearance. It is non-flammable and has a pH value of 8.3. The spray contains four natural oils (safflower, avocado, sesame, and mineral oils) that replenish the leather and restore its supple appearance.
Please take note that this cleaning and conditioning product should not be used on Natuzzi®, suede, nubuck, or any unfinished leather since it may affect its texture.
What It Works Best On
The Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner works best on finished leather surfaces such as leather upholstery. To be a little more specific, it works excellent for car seats and other internal car components made of leather, as well as any type of leather furniture.
Even though we prefer using it for leather furniture, you can also use it on your leather shoes, boots, bags, briefcases, and luggage. Here are some other types of leather products that the Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner can be used on:
- Leather Sofas
- Leather Bar Stools
- Leather Ottomans
- Leather Lounge Chairs
- Leather Couches
- Leather Coffee Tables
- Leather Accessories
How It Protects Your Leather Furniture
The Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is designed to remove residue, dirt, and soil build-up safely and easily from leather and renourish it with natural oils to restore its suppleness.
The spray mechanism is easy to operate and spreads the cleaning and conditioning solution evenly on the finished leather surface, giving it a clean finish and a glossy sheen.
The UVX-15 sunscreen agent in this product protects the leather from any sun damage and prevents drying, cracking, and fading. We find it particularly effective on leather furniture and upholstery that is regularly exposed to sunlight.
The Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner also restores neglected leather with regular use since it clears away embedded dirt, strengthens the leather fibers, and moistures the leather for flexibility.
The Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner contains 12 fluid ounces (355 ml) of cleaning and conditioning solution and also comes with a spray mechanism. Take note that this product is also available as a kit.
The kit contains a large-sized lint-free cloth that helps clean your leather upholstery with ease. There are also various bundle deals available for people who prefer to purchase in bulk.
Here’s a list of product sizes and options that are available:
- Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner (1 x Spray Bottle)
- Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Kit (1 x Spray Bottle + 1 x Lint-Free Cloth
While there are instructions provided by the manufacturer, we wanted to make sure to provide you with a comprehensive application guide. Using this product is similar to using any other leather cleaning or conditioning solution, and you can find our step-by-step instructions below.
- Set Turn the nozzle to the “on” position.
- Take your spray bottle and apply the cleaner and conditioner onto the soft lint-free cloth or any clean microfiber cloth available.
- After dampening the cloth slightly with the cleaning and conditioning solution, rub it in small circles over the leather product.
- Ensure to apply an even layer and use gentle pressure while you clean the leather surface. This will allow you to clear away any grime or dirt embedded on the surface. It will also add a protective layer that protects your leather against any potential damage caused by direct exposure to sunlight.
- Apply the leather cleaning and conditioning solution all over the external surface of the leather product until it is clean and buffed to a shine.
- Allow the solution to dry for at least 1 to 2 hours on your leather product before using it. Ensure that you let your leather product dry naturally after applying the Weiman Leather Cleaning and Conditioner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions that were submitted by our readers. Please find out answers below and reach out to us if you would like to have your questions answered.
Does the Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Have Any Scent?
Yes, the Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner has a lemon fragrance due to the ingredients d-Limonene, Linalool, and Citral that are present in it. However, it’s just a light scent and it’s not overpowering.
How Is the Spray Bottle Different from Their Cleaning Wipes?
This cleaning and conditioning spray is more suitable for larger leather items such as leather furniture, leather car interiors, etc. The amount of product in the spray allows you to cover larger surface areas, whereas the wipes are more suitable for smaller items.
Can I Use This Product on All Types of Leather?
The Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner should only be used on finished leather products. We don’t recommend using this cleaning solution for nubuck and suede.
The reason why we don’t recommend this product on unfinished leather (such as suede and nubuck) is that it can change the texture and look of the leather, as it smoothens the layers and gives it a polished appearance.
Do I Need to Dilute It with Water?
No, you do not need to dilute the product with water since a diluent is already present in the solution. Simply spray the cleaning and conditioning solution on your leather product directly or onto a lint-free cloth to start cleaning.
How Often Should I Use the Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner?
You can use the Weiman Leather Cleaner and Conditioner as and when needed to remove dirt or residue. If you notice your leather products looking dirty, grimy, or in need of extra renourishment, you can apply a coat of this leather cleaner and conditioner to restore the leather material.
We recommend using the solution every couple of weeks, depending on the type of leather product it’s being used on. Moreover, you can increase or decrease the period between usages, depending on how much the leather material is exposed to sunshine, moisture, humid environments, dust, etc.
Co-Founder, Researcher & Writer At Leatherskill
I’m a leather enthusiast who spends most of his free time crafting, researching, and writing about the many facets of this versatile material. Thanks for reading!